Equip your students to learn how to stay mentally well and cope with the storms of life
Too often our students only get the help and support they need when life has already ‘gone wrong’. 1 in 5 young people will self harm according to the World Health Organisation. Recent reports suggest that figure is even higher amongst girls. Social media has exacerbated the issue. Young people are struggling to know how to cope in a rapidly changing society and are not emotionally literate enough to find positive ways to stay mentally well.
Our approach to mental health needs to be pre-emptive not reactive. In preparing young people for life we need to teach them how to develop resilience, how to develop positive coping habits, how to develop awareness of the pressures that will undermine their wellbeing over time.
Students will learn
- The five psychological needs of all human beings
- How your brain works and how to make it work for you
- Negative vs positive coping strategies
- How to cope with stress
- The 5 keys to wellbeing
- How to self regulate with social media and gaming
- How to develop self esteem and be yourself
- The secret to becoming resilient