NEW! Post-lockdown recovery workshops: Help your students to understand their emotional wellbeing and develop their resilience.
Too often our students only get the help and support they need when life has already ‘gone wrong’. 1 in 5 young people will self harm according to the World Health Organisation. Recent reports suggest that figure is even higher amongst girls. Social media, Covid-19 and a rapidly changing global landscape are leaving young people feeling disconnected and without hope. Students are struggling to know how to cope and do not have the emotional literacy to understand themselves and how to stay mentally well.
Our approach to mental health needs to be far more pre-emptive and less reactive. In preparing young people for a changing, post-covid world we need to teach them how to develop resilience, how to develop positive coping habits, how to develop awareness of the pressures that will undermine their wellbeing over time.
Students will learn
- The six psychological needs of all human beings
- How and why covid-19 has impacted our mental health
- How your brain works and how to manage your ‘feeling brain’
- Negative vs positive coping strategies
- How to cope with stress
- How to rediscover passion and hope
- How to self regulate with social media and gaming
- How to develop self esteem and be yourself
- The secret to becoming resilient