Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Training
We have teamed up with Dorset Race Equality Council to offer a whole staff or leadership training in understanding and addressing racism and the systemic bias within our schools. Understanding this issue at a staff and leadership level is essential to ensure that our school communities are truly places where every staff member and student can really flourish and thrive.
The full training is 3-5 hours however, we are offering a one hour online ‘taster’ session for leadership teams. This training will explore:
- How discrimination operates
- How unconscious bias impacts school life and society in general and exacerbates systemic racism
- The 10 principles of anti-discriminatory practice
- The reality of white privilege and how to use it positively
- What you can do as a school and individual to effect change and work towards a fair, anti-racist society.